If you want a fast and easy dessert that does not take too long to make and tastes delicious, this is the dessert for you!!
I love Panna Cotta! If you don’t know what that is >>>>>PANNA COTTA<<<<<, it is an Italian soft custardy dessert that is usually topped with fresh fruit, fruit coulis, gelee, nuts and so forth. It is so easy to make and you don’t need too many ingredients for it. Plus, this dessert can feed many! I just pour a little in each cup or dish that I am serving in and top it with fruit. Perfect way to impress your guests, they will think you went out and bought it!
In a traditional Panna Cotta, there is milk, cream, sugar and gelatin. I love coconut milk and who doesn’t love the cream! So I decided to substitute that in for the regular milk and cream, which is less fattening. I added a touch of rose water to give some floral flavors and finished it off with fresh peaches since we are in the peak season for them. You can also put different toppings such as mango, strawberries, raspberries, etc.
Coconut Rose Panna Cotta & Peaches
1 14 Fl oz Can Light Coconut Milk
1 14 Fl Oz Can Coconut Cream
2 Tbsp Rose Water
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 ½ Tbsp Knox Unflavored Gelatin
2-3 Ripe Peaches, diced
1. Place the first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan and sprinkle the Knox Gelatine in the milk and let it stand for 2-3 minutes for the gelatin to bloom or absorb the liquid. >>>what is to bloom?<<<
2. Place the saucepan over low heat and stir to dissolve the gelatin.
3. Add the sugar and continue stirring until it fully dissolves.
4. Pour the liquid into desired cups or dessert bowls and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight until it is set.
5. Top with fresh, diced peaches.