Every once in a while, I crave a salty sweet treat that makes me just want to cozy up on my couch with some tea, devour the plate of it, and recap on my missed episodes of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy. That very treat are my Sea Salt Chocolate Wafers! So thin and crispy, once you take a bite, you will be wanting more. The sweetness of the wafer with the saltiness of Maldon’s Sea Salt brings a perfect balance of bliss with every bite! What I love most about these wafers is that you can sandwich them with some French Vanilla Ice Cream and serve them as a decadent dessert for your guests with some raspberry sauce garnished on the plate – gourmet ice cream sandwiches! Whatever you decide to do, these mouthwatering treats will be a hit!
1 Cup AP Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Cold Unsalted Butter, cubed
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Milk
Maldon’s Sea Salt Flakes
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
2. Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse until it resembles coarse meal.
3. Add the vanilla extract and milk and continue to mix until it all combines.
4. Remove and place dough on a floured surface and shape into a log, wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour until it hardens.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F.
6. Cut the log into ¼ inch thin wafers and place on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle some Maldon’s Sea Salt Flakes on top of each wafer.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Cool and serve.**
**Keep these wafers in an air-tight container to maintain their crisp.
TIP: Bake as many wafers you like, wrap the remainder dough with plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to use, just slice and follow the directions.
Thanks as much. First post which has influenced
me in 2014