Nothing tastes better than homemade right-out-of-the-oven goodness! This Cranberry Pecan Bread will leave your home smelling sweet and have watering mouths waiting for it come out of the oven!
Every year around this time, I make my favorite Cranberry Pecan Bread! I love wrapping it up and giving it as a cute gift for family members and friends. It’s something from the heart and the best part is that it’s homemade! The fresh aroma of the bread along with that first bite of sweetness will impress any one! This bread always marks the initiation of the beginning of the holidays for me and I hope you and your family will enjoy this bread as much as my family does!
Cranberry Pecan Bread (Makes 1 Loaf)
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temp
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
3/4 Cup Orange Juice
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Zest of 1 Orange, about 1 Tbsp
1 Cup Cranberries, chopped
3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl using a mixer or in a standing mixer.
4. Add the egg, orange juice, vanilla extract and zest to the butter mixture and mix for another minute until combined.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and combine.
6. Stir in the cranberries and pecans. Do not over mix.
7. Pour the batter into a 9×5 greased loaf pan lined with wax paper.
8. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool, slice and serve.